If you are looking to start a YouTube channel then you came to the right place in this article I discussed the youtube accessories for 2019 you will need to run a Youtube channel.
Brief Intro On Youtube:
Before going through the youtube accessories let us first discuss the history and about youtube. YouTube is an American based video sharing website that allows us to share, comment, upload videos of different content creators throughout the internet.
Headquarter of youtube is based in San-Bunro in California founded by three former PayPal employees-Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, Jawed Karim in February 2005. Google bought the site in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion.
As per Wikipedia data, we found that as of May 2019 more than 500 hours of video content are uploaded on YouTube every minute. It is a great platform to showcase your talent worldwide and can also earn quite a lot from it through ads, sponsorship and many more.
Best YouTube Camera ( YouTube Accessories for 2019 ):
Creating content these days is easy with high-end mobile cameras with upgraded sensors that help in shooting decent quality videos but if you want to create high-quality content you should invest in a camera it may be compact, mirrorless or maybe a DSLR with good autofocus. We will be discussing the three best value for money cameras.
1. Canon G7X Mark II or other new versions of it:
Canon g7x mark II is a great compact camera known for its portability and good build quality, with a flip screen perfect for vlogging. you could buy it on Amazon for around $600. It also has a built-in time-lapse mode. for video users, it provides 60fps for slow motion.
Great build quality, great battery life and if you are looking for a mic input then this is not the camera to go for as it don does not have any mic input but the audio quality is pretty decent.
- Resolution: 20.1 mp (megapixels).
- shutter speed: 1 sec.
- optical zoom: NA.
- ISO: auto, ISO 125-ISO 12,800.
- DIGIC 7 image processor.
- Aperture range: f/1.8 to f/11.
- It is an APSC 1 inch CMOS sensor.
- Battery life: 265 images.
|Good color and sharpness.||Fine details lack definition.|
|Good battery life.||lack of mic input.|
|Exceeds in low light.||Minor issues of autofocus.|
|Easy to use.|
overall review, this is a great product those who are in a tight budget looking for a point and shoot camera for vlogging can opt for this product an alternative to this product is sony rx100 mark III but is much more pricer than canon camera. You can use this camera as a substitute for your primary camera or say you are just starting your career on youtube.
2. Sony a6400
Sony a6400 is a compact mirrorless interchangeable lens camera with an APS-C sensor that will serve plenty of photographers from family documentarians to pro shooters looking for a lightweight second body. this camera is the replacement of older sony a6300 it uses the same sensor but comes with some subtle enhancements aside from the impressive autofocus capabilities. you can buy it from Amazon for around $900 for the body only.
- 24.2 mp (megapixels) with excellent image quality.
- ISO range from 100-32000 extendable up to 102400 which is kind of unusable.
- 410 shots per battery charge.
- Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth.
- 425-point phase-detection AF system with Real-Time Tracking.
- 4K/30p video capture.
- Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth
- 11fps burst shooting
- 8fps with a silent shutter.
overall review, this is the best camera for traveler’s compact body with multiple lens options to choose from price is a bit high but the quality it produces id mind-blowing. It is also great as it has a mic input which enhances its audio. Buying at least one extra spare battery is recommended if you are planning to shoot outdoors a lot.
3. Sony a7 III
It is a great camera with full of features Compared to its predecessor, the Sony a7 III has been updated in almost every way; when compared to other similarly priced full frame options, the a7 III looks to be a cut above in many respects. Sony a7III is a full-frame camera that can be used professionally in say wedding photography, event photography, portfolio shoot or even the best camera for shooting professional video. You can buy this camera from Amazon for around $2000.
- Standard ISO range from 100 to 51200.
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilization.
- Fast AF/AE tracking for continuous shooting at up to 10 fps.
- 24.2 Megapixels.
- touch screen LCD for instant focus operation.
- Dual SD card slot for the prevention of card crashing.
- USB 3.1 and USB-C terminals.
- Up to 120fps (in 1920×1080).
- Up to 177 JPEG images in one continuous burst which is great.
|Great electronic viewfinder.||Lack of Budget lenses.|
|5 axis in-body image stabilization.||startup lag.|
|excellent eye autofocus.|
|Great image quality.|
|compact size as compared to full-frame DSLRs|
overall review, it is a great full-frame camera packed with features if you are looking for a full-frame camera around $2000 with great premium lenses. This camera is perfectly a hybrid shooter and can be used in every situation be it in the field of professional or a hobbyist photographer and a filmmaker.
4. Canon M50
24.1 Megapixel APS C CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 8 Image Processor delivers incredible color, clear details, and stunning range. Canon M50 comes with a 15-45 mm variable aperture lens perfect for vlogging which is equivalent to 24-70mm in a full-frame camera. Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD has a flexible tilt range ideal for high angle and low angle shooting and reviewing your photos. You can also buy 11-22mm f/4-f/5.6 for a true wide-angle lens preferred for vlogging. This camera uses the same technology used in Canon 80D which is a big and bulky camera it sometimes can be awkward because of its size so, Canon M50 is the best substitute for Canon 80D.
- 24.1 MegaPixels.
- Variable angle touchscreen.
- Amazing dual pixel autofocus.
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor.
- 4K Ultra HD 24p with a crop factor.
Overall review, it is a great APSC camera very popular in the vlogging community comes at a very reasonable price around $650. This camera has come with mind-blowing features it provides in a budget. With great features, it has a bit drawback on the lens selection, few good quality lenses are available in the market you can also use different adapters.
5. Sony RX100 Mark V
This is the camera used by various other famous vloggers because of its compact body, lightweight. Sony rx100 mark V provide with a 4k at 30fps. This camera is great for traveling and daily vlogging with a disadvantage of a high price rate and no external microphone. It is kind of a combination of a Canon G7X MII and Panasonic LX10. Likely to say that it has reliable autofocus, like the Canon, with the image quality of the Panasonic. Sony rx100 Mark V comes with a great slow-motion capability of 960fps for around 8 seconds.
- 4k video recording.
- ultra slow-motion video in 960fps.
- compact lightweight.
- flip screen.
- It has great image stabilization.
- weight-299 grams.
- built-in ND filter great for outdoor shooting.
- great lens quality (Zeiss lens).
overall review, it is a great camera to start with easy to use perfect for someone who needs a camera for a run and gun film making with a great picture profile. It provides us better features but the price of this camera is on the higher side, if you want a better feature camera then I think you have to pay for it. The output quality is great from this camera. You can buy this from amazon for around $1000 you could buy this camera as a secondary camera for timelapse or slow-motion footages.
Best Camera lenses:
Lenses are not cheap they are a hell lot expensive so here we will be discussing about native lenses as well as third party lenses present in the market such as Tamron, Samyang, sigma and other relative lens brands who creates excellent quality lenses in a budget. Better the lens better gets the output result so, invest in good quality lenses picture quality depends on the quality of the lens.
- Sony 10-18 f/4 lens– this lens is very popular in the vlogging community who are using sony APS-C body. with an aperture of f/4 decent in the low light, situation lower the f stop better it gets in low light a perfect would be f/2. The major pro of this lens is it is optically stabilized which is very important for a run and gun filming. This is in a bit expensive side of around $800 but you will not regret spending this amount if you are a vlogger.
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 lens– this is a great lens manufactured by sigma for the Sony E-mount camera lineup contemporary prime lens with an aperture of f/1.4 which is excellent for the low light situations. with a crop factor of 1.5 in full-frame, the focal length would be around 50 mm which is perfect for a cinematic look in filmmaking and can also be used in portrait photoshoot. you can buy this for around $300 on Amazon.
- Sony 85mm f/1.8 lens– This is a full-frame mid-telephoto prime lens with an aperture of f/1.8 Great for low light situations. It provides great portability for everyday shooting. This is a budget-friendly portrait lens for around $560 on Amazon. Wide F1.8 maximum aperture enables you with beautiful defocusing effects, 9-blade circular aperture creates beautiful round bokeh. This mid-telephoto range lens is great for professional shoots as the aperture is f/1.8 which will provide a great depth of field.
- Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 lens- Tamron made a bang for buck lens for Sony full-frame series cameras lightweight great for low light situations. It is an alternate lens for a sony 24-70mm lens which costs crazy. Being cheap comes with a few disadvantages also which is low build quality without any weather sealing but the image quality it produces is brilliant. you can buy this lens for around $900.
- Tamron 17-28 f/2.8 lens– This is a great wide-angle lens perfect for vlogging, landscape photography. It is an alternate lens to sony 16-35mm lens. Both Tamron 28-75mm and 17-28mm together is a killer combination and you can do a lot with these only two lenses. Build quality is not great of this lens. you could buy this lens for around $850. Autofocus of this lens is relatively the same as sony native lenses if not better.
- Sony 16-35 f/2.8 lens-Sony’s FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM lens is part of its flagship G Master line of performance optics. With this lens, you will get both peak performance and consistency across its focal range — and the lens achieves both. This lens is extremely pricy but the output of this lens is awesome. You can buy this lens for around $2000 to $2200.
- Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 lens- This is a moderate wide-angle lens equivalent to 35mm on a full-frame camera with an aperture of f/2 which will be great for low light situations. Minimum focusing distance of this lens is 5.9 in./0.15m allows you to get closer to your subjects. You can buy this lens for around $250 on Amazon. This lens is great for street photography and cinematic video.
- Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4 -f/5.6 lens-It is a perfect lens for vlogging with an 11-22mm lens which is equivalent to 16-35mm in a full-frame camera. Closest Focusing Distance of this lens is around 0.49 ft./0.15m. A circular aperture of 7 blades helps to deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.Maximum magnification of 0.30x at the telephoto end. There is also a drawback in this lens that is the variable aperture f/4-f/5.6 which is not so good in low light situations.
Best Audio equipment:
Audia plays a very crucial part of any video without any proper audio quality you will not be able to engage people in your video. There are also cheap and also expensive options present in the market. Brands like Rode, Sanhizer makes a quality audio product.
Investing in good quality audio is very necessary. People will watch your content in 720p resolution also but if your audio quality is shitty then no one will even show interest in watching your video. There are various brands present so, for one on one conversation the recommended device will be Boya by-m1 microphone which can be used in both mobile and DSLR you can buy it for around $20 on Amazon, for vlogging the mic, of course, will be Rode video micro, and for voiceovers, the recommended mic will be blue yeti or the snowball blue both are great quality mic.
Boya By M1 mic maintains great quality and condenser which is ideal for video use. It has the capability to handle low noise. It features an Omni pickup pattern and it provides you a 360-degree full coverage. All these features make it an excellent product at this price.
This is the mic perfect for video uses specially designed for smartphones, DSLR, Camcorders. With an integrated 6-meter cable which will allow a lot of room to play with. Add a great quality microphone in your youtube accessory for 2019
|Product||About the product|
|Rode wireless go||
Rode wireless go is a compact wireless microphone system with a transmitter
and a receiver that produces great quality audio in just around $280.
|Rode video micro||
This is a short gun microphone that is placed at the top of the camera this works
on just plug and play system. you can find this product for around $60 only but the quality it produces is extraordinary.
Zoom H1 is a budget audio recorder available which could give you a stunning result there are not many features present in it but for the money that it provides is great. you could find it for around $120
There are also other brands present in the market such as blue yeti snowball blue mic which are great for giving voice-overs. COMICA, Audio Technica and Tascam are also popular brands in the market with stunning audio quality.
YouTube Accessories for Gamers:
Gamming community is growing at an exponential rate and if you are are interested in playing games then you will need certain accessories. With these accessories, you could do a live stream on YouTube, Twitch TV, and other platforms. Accessories such as capture cards, webcams, mic, and proper studio lighting and headphone.
The microphone of our recommendation will be a blue snowball mic which you can find it around $50 on Amazon with it you will also need a boom mic holder and a pop filter that is available for around $80 on Amazon. Easy plug and play directly to your Mac or PC-no drivers to install. Another alteration to this mic is a blue yeti USB microphone which is a bit expensive it’s available for around $110 on Amazon, both of the mics are perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, voiceovers, interviews, field recordings, conference calls.
The webcam we recommend is Logitech C270 webcam for laptop and desktop. This inexpensive webcam keeps you in focus with face tracking and autofocus. It records in widescreen and with a 720p HD resolution, which makes this a good device for live streaming with a built-in microphone filter out background noise. System Requirements for this webcam are Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 or later, macOS 10.10 or later, chrome OSAndroid v 5.0 or above. You can find this camera on Amazon for around $50. Great quality mic and also budget-friendly. But not great for low light situations you will definitely need a proper light be it natural or artificial.
Capture Cards are very important to record your gameplays. There are cards that will let you stream in 4K, but not everyone is watching on 4K monitors and screens, so that may seem like overkill, depending on your plan and the power of your system its all up to you streaming on HD or 4K it is also important to remember that 4k is just a resolution. Our recommendation will be Elgato game capture card HD60s- stream and record in 1080p 60fps for PlayStation and Xbox.
The headphone we recommend is HyperX cloud stinger which is an extremely powerful device under budget, Hyperx signature Memory foam. Adjustable steel Slider for comfortable fitting. Lightweight headset with 90 degree rotating ear cups, Sound pressure level 102 ± 3dBSPL/mW at 1kHertz. you can find this headphone for around $50 on Amazon. Great quality headphones under a budget.
Lighting is very much needed as the quality of webcams are not the best so, you will need some kind of lighting for your video the light we recommend is the popular Godox AD200 which is a base model of their products but can provide an excellent outcome with only approx $300 with a kit. AD200 Pocket Flash, Lightweight, and great portability body, easily packed in your pocket. If you are in a budget go for the ring light which comes very cheap around $50 to $100 on Amazon. A recommendation will be ring light as it is pocket-friendly.
Other YouTube Accessories for 2019:
To run a youtube channel you need a lot of YouTube accessories basics are camera, lenses and audio recorder device but except that we need a few other devices such as tripods, lights, gimbal for smooth video shooting, SD cards all of these products are important. To make great quality content you don’t need tons of youtube accessories to start small and grow your kit gradually.
you will need a tripod to do vlogging for that the best product is gorilla pod quality is great, strong and sturdy which is an absolute necessity. Another tripod according to our choice will be Manfrotto tabletop tripod again great tripod you could find it for around $50 on Amazon. Sirui makes a great professional quality full-length tripods which are great for one to one conversions. ranges start from around $110 and can go up to $220. If you are in a tight budget you can also go for amazon basics tripod which is available on Amazon for around $50.
The best source of light would be natural lights but in some situations, you will be in need of some source of light for that there is a need for an artificial source of light Aperture makes a great quality of light the range of light start from $120 and can go up to $750. If you are in a tight budget you can go for ring lights which you can buy it for around $100. Proper lighting can take your video quality to the next level so investing in a good light will be your asset as you can use it for really a long period of time. So, let us discuss lighting on five fundamental characteristics of light: Hardness, Color, Intensity, Contrast, and Direction. You can control the hardness of light by using a diffuser or else the footage will be overexposed.
According to us gimbals are extremely important if you want to step up your game in filmmaking. it will help you to make footages that will feel like gliding in the air without any jittery feeling. Gimbals are not cheap price may vary from $300 to $600 on Amazon. DJI, Zhiyun these brands make great quality products. If you want a chap solution you can also go for a Steadycams which works mechanically and can provide you with great quality footage. Using it for the first time will be a bit of trouble but after using it for a couple of times will make you confident in using it. You can find a steady cam for as minimum as $60 and can also go up to $220.
Laptops and Video editing software:
There are various software present some are paid and some are paid versions but running a youtube channel you definitely need video editing software. If you are looking for a free alternative there is software that provides you to do basic video editing some of them are Hitflim, Shortcut, Windows movie maker. If you have a high-end PC or laptop you can also download Davinci which is a great video editing software free of cost and it is very popular between the professional video editors.
We suggest you go for a paid software as it provides various other advanced features that you cant get in free software, software such as Premier Pro, Sony Vegas, Final cut pro for the mac users only. Remember good editing will always attract people definitely after your story. The most popular video and photo editing software among the YouTubers is Adobe Premier pro, great quality software provides various features.
For a proper video editing software, you will need a decent quality PC or a laptop. Our recommendation will be at least 8GB DDR4 ram with a 2GB graphics card (Nvidia) and 250GB SSD to enhance the performance. laptops we prefer is Apple MacBook pro or HP Pavillion both of them are great quality laptops lightweight extremely good in overall performance. A graphics card is not that important but having it will help you in certain situations.
They are not that much important but in some situations, you may need it. They are compact lightweight and can do a lot of things which are beyond your imaginations a bit creative shot can lead you a great outcome. There are various brands present who manufactures action cameras but the best of all is GoPro their products are very rigid and can withstand all kind of situations.
DJI also now manufactures an action camera which is known as Osmo action. you can find it on Amazon for around $400. These cameras can be used underwater. vlogging and mainly in moto vlogging in which it excels because of its wide-angle view. With great in-body image stabilization and 120p slow motion.
There are various devices present to improve your video quality such as Karma grip, three-way tripod, glass dome, chest mount, head mount for first-person perspective and many other devices. They can be used to make time-lapse, slow-motion videos and other creative shorts. To make your GoPro shorts cinematic you first need to switch from wide to linear in the video setting.
After buying all those products you will definitely need a camera bag to store or carry around a good quality bag that is always needed. There are various brands that manufacture bags most common are Peak Design, LowPro. They are a bit expensive but investing in these bags will last you for a long time. Prices start from as low as $10 and can go up to $300 for branded ones. Don’t forget to add this youtube accessory. A sturdy and long-lasting backpack is extremely essential to secure your gears.
If you want to step up your game on youtube you will need a drone at any point to attract viewers many of the YouTubers are overusing this product but if you could use it properly to tell your story then it can be extremely eye-catching. The best brand who manufactures drones will be DJI, there is the various range of products available starting from DJI spark which is their base model at around $450 to the top variant DJI Mavic pro 2 at around $1500 this is the one which we recommend.
What are our Recommendations?
After going through the article we recommend a setup that will be economical as well as powerful. So, for the beginners, the best setup will be Canon g7x mark II, with two spare batteries, a couple of SD cards, one tripod you can buy it cheap or also Gorilla tripod which is durable and long-lasting. For advanced those who have a pocket full of money, they can go for a full-frame camera setup which includes Sony a7III body with a wide-angle lens and 50mm lens for cinematic videos.
Remember the most important factor in vlogging is audio, without proper audio you can’t engage with your audience and your audience will not at all like creepy audio. You could go for a simple Rode video micro which is capable of delivering a great quality audio under a budget. For a beginner, it’s not important to buy expensive gadgets like drones, gimbals, etc. you could buy it over time when you have an audience base.
In short, the best bang for buck setup will be (this will be for those who are serious) :
- Camera: Sony a6400 because of its large sensor type and flip screen which is perfect for vlogging. You will also get various lens options or the canon M50 which is getting popular within the vloggers who are on a tight budget but wants good quality result.
- Lenses: Sony 10-18 f/4 lens which is perfect for vlogging and a third party lens which is Sigma 30mm f/1.4 for cinematic video and photography if you are going for Canon M50 the preferred lens will be the kit lens for vlogging and a Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 for photography and cinematic shots.
- Tripod: Best tripod for vlogging will be tabletop tripods such as Joby Gorilla or Manfrotto PixelLab if you are looking for a tripod for interview purposes then our recommendation will be a sturdy tripod which can handle the weight of your camera and lens. Invest in a quality tripod.
- Audio: As a run and gun filmmaker you will need a simple microphone that will work on just plug and play system. The mic of our recommendation is Rode Video Micro which provides a great quality audio under a budget and for gammers, the recommended microphone will be blue snowball mic which has a great noise reduction capability.
For a beginner who just wants to start his youtube career, you do not need a ton of expensive gears you can start with your smartphone and gradually switch to a DSLR for better quality footage. Not only on youtube you should also work on your social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. and drive traffic from those platforms. Treat your channel as a brand.
Last but not least you can consider buying a printer and my suggestion will be Canon Pixma MX490. This is a wireless office all in one printer that can perform the following jobs such as doing a scan, copy, fax and of course print so if you are interested in buying a wireless printer do check out Canon Pixma MX490 Setup.
Being a YouTuber is not easy these days you really need to do a lot of hard work and effort to rank in this platform as there is a lot of competitors with good quality content.
Gear and equipment do not matters the thing that matters most is the content as we all know that “content is the king” so you should focus on the quality of your content irrespective of your gears. We have discussed various YouTube accessories for 2019 you will need being a vlogger or a gaming channel.
You don’t have to buy these Youtube accessories on a run save up and buy slowly. Many of the YouTubers say that the gears do not matter they are right but good quality gear will make your work a whole lot easier so, start small and then invest in these Youtube accessories once you start earning revenue from it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What equipment do YouTubers use?
There are a few basic pieces of equipment for the production of a youtube channel starting with a camera, tripod or any kind of stabilizer to avoid shaky footages, microphone to record good quality audio, video editing software be it a paid one or free software you will need it, lighting this can add a certain mood to your video natural light is a good source of light but in certain situations we will need an external source of light so a basic light will be a ring light.
What is a good camera for YouTube videos?
Having a good camera can help you a lot in creating your content on Youtube you can use the camera of your smartphone which are getting better day by day with their upgraded sensors or can also buy a dedicated camera such as GoPro, DSLR or a mirrorless camera we have discussed a few cameras in this article in every aspect be it in a budget category or the best camera the money can buy.
How can I make my vlog stand out?
Here are a few steps to make your vlog stand out from the rest of others:
- Give Your YouTube Channel a Unique Personality.
- Create Memorable Content For Viewers and also provide them some kind of values.
- Use Great YouTube Video Titles.
- YouTube Thumbnail Images are Essential, try to make them as attractive as possible
- Make Vlogs Tailored to Your Viewer’s Interests.
- You should have a Passion for Your Vlogging Niche on YouTube.
Which is better blogging or vlogging?
To choose between blogging and vlogging the choice is up to you if you are not so much good in writing you can always go for vlogging. However, if you are a person who expresses themselves better with written words, blogs might just be the thing for you.
Of course, you could run a vlog parallel to a blog. Both of it requires equal hard work from creating content and marketing it through search engines or using social media platforms.
Can you make money by vlogging on YouTube?
The answer to this question is yes, of course, you can earn a lot through youtube. There are various ways you can earn from youtube most papular way is from ads displayed in your video.
You can also make money through sponsorship when you have a decent quality of audience and have a good amount of engagement rate in your videos. People are earning a lot through this platform it will take time to be consistent and provide good quality content to your audience.
How many subscribers do you need to get paid by YouTube?
According to the YouTube Partner Program requirements, you need a minimum of 1,000 subscribers to be eligible to monetize your account through their program. However, there are a lot of factors that contribute to receiving a substantial payout from Google AdSense.
Treat your youtube channel as a business from the start and don’t expect to get sponsorship at the beginning it will take a lot of time. At least you will need around 300k subscribers with a good view in each video say around 100k to 200k then you will not have to contact the companies will contact you focus on creating a brand.